15 Mar How Do Men and Women Respond To Colors?
Are you using the right colors on your website?
Men and women respond to colors differently so you may want to pay attention to your target market instead of your personal choice. We recently did a color update for our client SharpRoofing.com. They discovered that about 80% of their site visitors were women. The problem was that their website was designed with a black background and dark grey….which is not the most appealing for their clients. Check out the before and after pictures:
You can have a website that’s appealing to both men and women visually and with the right content. After deciding on a new color scheme for Sharp Roofing I found some interesting research on colors.
What do you think of the colors on your favorite website? Have you ever been on a site and left right away because of color or the design?
If your site is outdated or you aren’t sure if it appeals to your target market, then let’s talk – no obligation.
Here is the link to the complete color research- there are more diagrams with ages too. Colour Assignment by Joe Hallock.
More on Color:
- RED is associated with love, passion, danger, warning, excitement, food, impulse, action, adventure.
- BLUE is associated with trustworthiness, success, seriousness, calmness, power, professionalism.
- GREEN is associated with money, nature, animals, health, healing, life, harmony.
- ORANGE is associated with comfort, creativity, celebration, fun, youth, affordability.
- PURPLE is associated with royalty, justice, ambiguity, uncertainty, luxury, fantasy, dreams.
- WHITE is associated with innocence, purity, cleanliness, simplicity.
- YELLOW is associated with curiosity, playfulness, cheerfulness, amusement.
- PINK is associated with softness, sweetness, innocence, youthfulness, tenderness.
- BROWN is associated with earth, nature, tribal, primitive, simplicity.
- GREY is associated with neutrality, indifference, reserved.
- BLACK is associated with seriousness, darkness, mystery, secrecy.