08 Sep Get Your Landing Page
A Landing Page is a web page for a specific online marketing campaign.
The purpose is to capture leads so you can market to people in the future.
OR… to warm up potential customers to a product before you send them further into your sales funnel.
- It’s typically a stand alone page that’s separate from your main website.
- The purpose is very specific.
- You present a clear Call to Action.
- There is a form for name, email, etc – the opportunity for someone to convert.
- There is an offer, something you give in return for collecting their info.
- You eliminate other page navigation.
- The Landing page can have a next step.
- A Thank You page should follow the opt-in.
- This can trigger a simple email campaign or a series.
When you promote or sell products and services for other companies your Landing Page is a GREAT place to collect lead information before you send them off to that other website. Own your leads, don’t let them slip through your fingers.
Here’s where you start.
Get a DOMAIN name.
- When I need a new domain I create a list of words on an excel sheet or a word doc.
- I combine those words, narrow to what sounds right, then see what’s available.
- BustaName.com combines your words using the common extensions (.com .net .org .info .biz)
- GoDaddy Bulk domain tool allows you to add your list and shows you what’s available.
- New TLDs (domain extensions) are interesting and this link shows the prices ~ for example .club .today .cash
- DynaDot is a bulk search tool for the new extensions. Just add your ideas and select the extensions that you want.
- Buy your domain (I lik eGoDaddy or Network Solutions)
- One of us moves that into your web host. If this is your first site, you might not have a host yet, I can help.
AFTER you get your domain name then I build your Landing Page.
There are some great templates to keep the price right. We pick a design; determine your compelling message for the Opt-in; then link to your email service provider (ESP) to capture prospect info.
See the list below for services (ESP) that I can integrate. If you don’t have an ESP, my friend Paula Atherill can set you up with Zoho. Get in touch with her at CreativeAnalysis.co.uk. Zoho isn’t on the list below but we can make it work. The benefit of having Paula setup Zoho is that you’ll have a professional email service with your campaigns, database, full CRM. This is great for Gmail users! I have Infusionsoft and use Zoho for email. Here’s a simple landing page sample www.BeGreat.Today.
Here are some resources for you to check out:
- 1Shopping Cart
- Active Campaign
- Campaign Monitor
Your database starts to grow.
As your database builds you can then follow up with your leads. The nice thing about building your own database is that you can manage your email messages, create new email marketing campaigns, and stay in touch with customers, leads, and prospects.
If you need an email campaign, well I can help with that. I like Zoho and have experts on hand to create your campaign. Your email campaigns can be as simple or complicated as your business requires.
Get in touch with me as soon as you’re ready. 425-647-6707